Self-aligning sets and centring stations are used to prevent the belt from off-track running. If this occurs prior to the mounting of such a station, please find out the reason for off-tracking first. Then eliminate the cause of the problem, if possible.
There are several factures that may cause off-tracking:
- insufficiently aligned support frame
- insufficiently aligned conveyor roller stations
- lifting of the belt from the conveyor roller stations
- inclined belt cleaner or eccentric feeding of material
- inappropriate realisation of endless joints
- Baking/adherence of the material to be conveyed to pulleys and conveyor rollers, respectively
- Overexpansion of the belt at the edge zones
- irregular frictional contact, e.g. caused by one-sided humidity
- rubbing of the belt, e.g. caused by crammed alien parts
- Impact of wind
- wrong allocation of the supporting rings on the conveyor rollers
Measures to be taken at the upper belt section
The mounting of impact stations whose lateral trough rollers are in a camber position (1 to 30). Please note! There will be a relative movement between the rollers and the belt leading to increased wear of the roller jackets.
These stations are placed onto the frame in bearings permitting their rotation and are equipped with control rollers on both sides. With tracking-off of the belt, the rollers swivel the complete set of conveyor rollers and put it to a camber position. This effect is additionally supported by the above-mentioned control rollers as they brake a conveyor roller with the help of a connecting rod.
Measures to be taken at the lower belt section
In many cases, placing of the lower belt section to a camber position, preferably in an alternating way on the left and on the right, will do. If you have the chance of positioning the lower belt roller slightly higher on the outside (creation of a trough), this will increase the centring effect (with supporting ring rollers, please check the allocation of the rings). You can also obtain good results by employing a reversed impact station (trough of 10 to 150) used by you to press from above onto the lower belt section. Place of application: in front of the deflection pulley. The conveyor rollers are secured against falling out.
There are not only self-aligning sets and centring stations, respectively, at the upper belt section, but also at the lower belt section. Here, too, the rotational movement causes the inserted rollers to take a certain inclined position. A further development of these well-known executions, the so-called PIVOT self-aligning troughing set, works efficiently without any lateral control rollers.
We deliver self-aligning sets of standard dimensions or customized self-aligning troughing sets and will be pleased to offer you advice on the basis of our experience of many years.